Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Reading History

I started reading like any other toddler. My earliest memories were being read the Bible. My parents always read me the Bible because they both grew up in church. I also was read short stories as I child I went to sleep. The first I ever read by self was One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss. Imagine the excitement of knowing how to read before kindergarten.

My whole family taught me how to read while growing up. The main person was my mom. Every day she gave me a little lesson of how to read and figure out words that I didn’t know before. Since I knew how to read before school kindergarten through second grade was “cake”. I knew could read third grade level books!!! Although, I really enjoyed Junie B. Jones books.

By the time I got to junior high books got longer and more boring. We had to read books that didn’t have anything to do with class. Luckily, I had pretty cool LAL teachers until 8th grade. He was the dullest teacher you could ever have. He made us read the most boring books and didn’t even really know about the books his self. The most boring he ever made us read was The Pearl by John Steinback. It was terrible!!! I would never read that book again.

Now I’m reading my grade level books. I like comedy and teenage problems. Although, my favorite authors are Betsy Byars and Louis Sachar, I really enjoy Walter Dean Myers also. These three authors keep you turning the page and wondering what will happen next. I really like these authors but, the things I enjoy reading the most is magazines like Hip Hop Weekly, Sports Illustrated, and Jet. The reasons why magazines catch my eye are the covers and ads. By reading this essay you probably think I like reading but, I really don’t. I think my teacher could give me helpful tips for how to pick a good book so maybe can get more into reading. That’s my reading history.


Lilz Outt !

No comments:

Post a Comment