Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shop Report

Table of contents
1. Abstract
2. Introduction
3. Background
4. Materials
5. Procedure
6. Results
7. Conclusion
8. Appendix
9. Citations



Abstract
This puzzle cube project was to test our knowledge, creativity, and imagination. It shows how to solve and make a puzzle cube. By reading this you will be able to make a very challenging puzzle for you and your friends.































Introduction
For this project we created a puzzle cube. We made drawings and digitally made them on the computer using Auto Desk Inventor 2009. Then we put it together and had our puzzle complete.































Background

A furniture company has a bunch of scrap wood lying around. Instead of throwing it out they decided to make puzzles out of the scrap wood. I was given the task of designing this puzzle. I first was given the rules stating that you could only use 27 pieces, each piece must include 3-6 pieces, and every piece has to be different. Then creating the puzzle I used the trial and error method creating my pieces. Then I finally came up with my combination and chose my colors. After that rigorous annotation I finally put all my pieces together and started creating my puzzle. Then I followed the procedure to finish my project.























Materials
1. pencil
2. isometric paper
3. graphing paper
4. auto desk inventor
5. computer drawings
6. colored pencils
7. glue
8. portfolio
9. cubes
10. clamps


























Procedure
1. 11/25/08 take notes on the on the way it is supposed to be done
2. create background
3. freehand sketch shapes
4. design layers of cube with each shape colored
5. isometric each shape and color
6. isometric the whole cube and color
7. isometric the pieces on auto desk and draw and assemble
8. draw each part on auto desk and whole cube with dimensions
9. create the parts using the real cubes and create cube
10. do report and challenge friends to solve your cube



















Results
In the beginning I did the trial and error method. Making shapes and figures were hard. Then putting them together was even harder. In the end I found the strength of mind to put my project together.























Citations
For citations I used the packet Mr. Irwin gave me called puzzle challenge brief.





















By: Johlil
Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment